The PRC has developed strong and committed partnerships with community-based organizations, local and state health departments, health advocacy groups, health service providers, school districts, and academic institutions.
The PRC partners with organizations in communities across Michigan and nationwide to identify health and safety concerns and develop sustainable strategies for disease prevention and health promotion. Alongside community partners such as community-based organizations and school districts, we work to reduce inequities and empower communities for better health.
We partner with organizations around the State of Michigan who provide diverse perspectives on health issues, guide the research and assist with dissemination. These organizations include state and local public health, health service providers, insurance providers and purchasers, and advocacy groups.
The PRC partners with other departments in the School of Public Health and units across the University of Michigan including:
- Center for Human Growth & Development
- Center for Managing Chronic Disease
- Center for Research on Ethnicity, Culture, and Health
- Michigan Institute for Clinical and Health Research (MICHR)
- Interuniversity Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
- School of Information
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- Sexuality and Health Lab
- University of Michigan Center for Value-Based Insurance Design (V-BID)
- University of Michigan Health System Department of Emergency Medicine
- University of Michigan Injury Center
- University of Michigan Medical School
- University of Michigan Substance Abuse Research Center (UMSARC)
- Taubman Health Sciences Library
- University of Michigan – Flint
We also partner with several other academic institutions across the nation. Our current Centers and projects include researchers from: